We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites
|Cookie Name||Purpose||More information|
|useTextOnly||This is used to store whether you are in textOnly mode or not.
Persistent for three months.
|setString||This is used to store user preferences for viewing sites in textOnly mode e.g. font-size and colour.
Persistent for one month.
|AcceptCookies||This is used to store whether you have agreed to receive cookies.
Persistent for one year.
|SKSession||This enables us to track the pages that a user visits while they navigate around the site.|
|These cookies are used to collect vital information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us to continually respond to user needs and make improvements to the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send to you goods purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at Marketing@quest-worldwide.com
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
6. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to Marketing@quest-worldwide.com) at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.